This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
ProWrite, LLC, El Paso, TX, Oct 2014 to Present
• Cofounded a technical writing and editing women-owned small business that specializes in providing proofreading, copyediting, research and critical writing, proposal writing, and other business documentation support services within the public, public, academic, and government sectors.
• Manage all project milestone schedules in support of achieving client communication needs in addition to providing editorial consulting and instructional and technical writing support.
U.S.-Mexico Border Health Commission, El Paso, TX Jan 2012 to Jun 2015
• Provided senior leadership in the management of all administrative, programmatic, and operational functions, overseeing project development, strategic planning, subcontractor and outsource vendor performance, and program implementation, which included coordination with the Commission’s 10 outreach offices along the U.S.-Mexico border, the Mexico Secretariat of Health’s central office, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Global Affairs in Washington, D.C. under U.S. Secretary of Health Sylvia Burwell.
• Established and managed all aspects of quality control, which included developing performance standards and metrics, operating procedures, and human resource development training and guidance to ensure optimal performance in support of accomplishing Commission initiatives.
• Managed changes in project/initiative scopes of work through establishing goals and milestones, overseeing deadline completion of deliverables and resource management tasks, meeting budgetary requirements, and conducting risk assessments to develop contingency plans, in support of executing binational border-wide initiatives.
• Performed extensive deliverable/project initiative reviews, state proposal response reviews and evaluations to government solicitations, providing support documentation and recommendations for government assessment, including recruiting and interviewing candidates.
U.S.-Mexico Border Health Commission, El Paso, TX Oct 2008 to Jan 2012
• Managed all communications and professional publications with intra and interagency U.S. and Mexico local, state, and federal partners and stakeholders, to include all electronic/print media and public affairs campaigns.
• Managed the development, design, and publication of a variety of electronic/print media for internal/external use; e.g., fact sheets, white papers, technical summaries, annual reports, evaluations, financial reports, contract deliverable reports, newsletters, committee/meeting proceedings reports, and media materials, using a variety of methods and local, state, regional, national, and binational system approaches for information distribution. Special publications included an electronic bulletin (subscription base over 2,000) for border-wide distribution.
• Directed the design, maintenance, and quality improvements for the Commission’s website, providing technical guidance on the daily update of media and promotion of technical/programmatic information.
U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, El Paso, TX, Jun 2002 to Sep 2008
• Supervised a team of technical writers to ensure contract obligations were achieved, conducting annual performance appraisals, in support of all resident and distance learning training products for the following courses in the Noncommissioned Officer Education System, to include the Warrior Leader Course, Basic/Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Courses, the Sergeants Major/Command Sergeants Major/International Sergeants Major Courses, First Sergeant Course, and the Battle Staff Course.
• Delivered oral and/or written presentations on a weekly basis to upper management, including providing proposal writing support to the contractor, on all matters requiring action for continuance or contracting modification, serving as the liaison between government, Army, and defense contractor.
• Served as chief managing editor for the U.S. Army Noncommissioned Officer Guide, FM 7-22.7, a pocket-sized reference field manual for noncommissioned officers distributed Army-wide, and The Soldier’s Guide, FM 7-21.3, a field manual that condensed information from field manuals, pamphlets, and Army regulations for a general soldier readership.
• Ensured employees stayed abreast of corporate policies and procedures; training requirements; and continuing professional development opportunities to related position requirements and evolving scopes of work.
• Edited training support packages, course management plans, programs of instruction, and test evaluation plans to conform to Army course requirements and applicable doctrinal regulations (lessons included student handouts, practical exercises, narrative scripts for instructors, and visual aids).
Technical Writer/Project Lead
Mantech Advanced Development Group, El Paso, TX, Oct 2001 to Jun 2002
• Wrote and developed training and development interactive multimedia instruction products for the Basic Noncommissioned Officer resident and nonresident courses, Fort Bliss Air Defense Artillery School, developing learning objectives, instructional content, and tests and evaluations for training objectives based on the program of instruction and course management plan.
• Ensured graphics, text, narration, practical exercises, references and educational materials, and test items conformed to U.S. Army and Training and Doctrine Command policies and procedures and the sharable content object reference model (SCORM), incorporating experiential learning methods of instruction in an effective training design compatible with the Army’s learning management system.
• Interviewed subject matter experts and Department of Defense program leadership for quality assurance; developed and created storyboards; wrote narrative scripts; and delivered presentations to the customer.
Adjunct English Instructor Aug 2003 – Sep 2008
University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso Community College, and Park University
• Eng 1301: Expository English Composition--Study of and practice in writing processes, from invention and researching to drafting, revising, and editing, both individually and collaboratively with emphasize on effective rhetorical choices, including audience, purpose, arrangement, and style
• Eng 1302: Research Writing and Literary Analysis--Emphasis on the writing process with particular attention to the methods of research and the appreciation and interpretation of literature with particular focus on effectively written and appropriately documented papers
• Eng 1311: Expository English Composition--Instruction in addressing academic writing tasks through the composing process, with emphasis on strategic use of language, of rhetorical form, and of authorial voice and point-of-view to inform and persuade effectively and to develop critical thought through writing and reading complex discourse
• Eng 105: Critical Reading: Writing and Thinking Across Contexts--Instruction on various expository writing forms while exploring contemporary issues with focus on strengthening students’ ability to think critically, read and listen intelligently, and write clearly and effectively
• Eng 106: Academic Research and Writing--Emphasis on writing effectively for various purposes and audience with particular focus on writing a research paper
• Eng 201: Introduction to Literature--Instruction on skills in reading, interpreting, and evaluating literature, to include surveying some of the major concerns and movements in literacy criticism
• Eng 306B: Professional Writing in the Disciplines: Business Communications--Emphasize on professional communications in business and related fields to include business letters, reports, proposals, surveys, field studies, visual aids, group presentations, and public lectures.
M.A. in English, Professional Writing and Rhetoric—Emphasis in Technical Writing and Grant Writing—University of Texas at El Paso (2002); GPA: 4.0
B.A. in English, British and American Literature—Minor in Education—University of Texas at El Paso (1996); overall GPA: 3.5; GPA in major: 3.8
Bilingual (English and Spanish) ▪ Proficient in the following specialized software programs for Macs and PCs: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; SharePoint; SmartSheet ▪ Completion of a 60-hour project management course through the Project Management Institute ▪ Interactive multimedia instruction training and curriculum development for the Army’s Noncommissioned Officer Education System
Orgdyne Training and Consulting member ▪ El Paso Greater Chamber of Commerce member ▪ El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce member ▪ UTEP Alumni Association ▪ American Copy Editors Society